SBAC uses a locked browser that will not let any extensions in. You would have to use the Co:Writer Universal desktop application for the test on PC's and Mac's. The SBAC test will also have to be in Permissive mode. **Turn test mode on for Co:Writer Universal. Log into the Co:Writer desktop application before launching the SBAC exam.
**Before putting Co:Writer Universal into test mode, turning of show numbers is recommended. (If a student needs to type in numbers and minimizes Co:Writer to be able to do so, the Co:Writer box will not come back into the test site).
Steps to turn off show numbers:
1. Log onto the students Co:Writer Universal Desktop App
2. Click bottom arrow of the Co:Writer prediction box
3. Click on the settings tab > more settings > display tab
4. Un-check 'Show Numbers' >OK > Click bottom arrow again to flip Co:Writer for use.
Steps to turn on Test Mode in Co:Writer Universal:
1. Log into: cowriter.com
2. Select Manage Students.
3. Locate the student on the list you would like to put into Test Mode.
4. Click settings next to that students name.
5. Tap on the slider to the right of Test Mode (When the Slider is blue it is turned on.)
6. Click on PARCC or Smarter Balanced.
7. Click on OK
8. When testing is complete go back to the students settings and Click on the slider to turn off Test Mode.
(Test Mode locks the students options/settings. If you require other options/settings adjusted you will need to set those options/settings prior to turning on Test Mode.)
Please note - Don Johnston does not have access to the actual SBAC exams; only the sample exams. Being the SBAC exam is web based, it can change at anytime. We can not guarantee that the Co:Writer Universal tools that work on SBAC today, will work on SBAC tomorrow.