For the Snap&Read Extension to read a PDF Doc Complete the following steps:
1- Giving Snap&Read access to your files: In order to allow the Snap&Read Extension to read PDF or HTML files saved on your computer, or in your Google Drive, an option must be checked in the Managing Google Extensions.
- Launch the Google Chrome Browser
- Click the 'Customize and Control Google Chrome' button
- Select more Tools > Extensions
- Scroll to the Snap&Read Universal Extension
- Check the box for 'Allow access to file URLs"
2- Using Snap&Read Extension to read a PDF Doc
- Open the PDF doc you are wanting to read; this will open in the Chrome viewer mode
- Download the PDF doc and open the download
- Now, by simply dragging a saved PDF or HTML file into the Chrome browser, the Snap&Read Extension will be able to read them aloud to you.