If speech to text is not working for the Snap&Read Universal Chrome extension on your PC check the following.
1. Right click on the Snap&Read Universal icon to the right of the URL on the Chrome Browser.
2. Under Speak make sure a Microsoft voice is selected.
3. Verify Speak Word/Sentence are turned on.
Now see if text to speech is working in Snap&Read.
If text to speech is not working you will need to check your Operating systems native voice.
1. Navigate to : Start>>Control Panel>>All Control Panel Items>>Speech recognition>>Text to Speech
2. Make sure your supported system voice is selected Under voice selection.
Windows 7 - Anna
Windows 8 David, Hazel or Zira
Windows 10 David or Zira
3. Click on Preview voice (Click preview even if correct voice is selected)
(If you do not see any voices or do not get any speech contact your IT department to make sure voices were properly installed with the installation of the OS )
4. Click on Apply if not grayed out at the bottom of the tab.
5. Now go back and check for speech in Snap&Read Universal